A small library built by volunteers.
The Cresson Public Library started in 1921, staffed by volunteers. In 1924 the library was located in a small room on the third floor of the First National Bank Building and in 1927 it moved to the second floor of the Cresson Municipal Building. This project was made possible by public donations and volunteer labor. The present building was dedicated on September 13, 1964.